If people lift weights whether to improve personal fitness, strength, or physique, they are in essence “bodybuilding.” In today’s world, a new wave of healthy thinking is beginning to inspire people to get on track and change their lives. People are starting to realize that when they are healthy they can look and feel better. Training, nutrition, and supplementation are the three key stepping stones to shaping bodies and reaching goals.
Living in the bodybuilding lifestyle is not just about lifting weights to get “big,” though. Bodybuilding is a mentality and way of life. It is about dedication to oneself and not quitting just because the results do not come in an instant. Consistency is key for any bodybuilder to shape his or her body and reach personal milestones.
There are a lot of variables that go into bodybuilding now-a-days, things including: what an individual’s life is like outside of working out, if they eat a lot of fast foods, if they check nutrition labels on the foods they buy, how intense they workout in the gym, and how much rest they get to recuperate. According to Todd Fitchett via Bodybuilding.com, “In order to get the most out of bodybuilding and to reach your fitness goals, certain variables (such as diet, training, and recuperation) must be adhered to consistently – day in and day out.” Cutting out bad choices will help anyone propel themselves to their personal goals quicker.
Training, being the first variable, is obviously very important. Not everyone can get in the gym and lift the heavy weights that they see on t.v. Many people that want to develop and shape their bodies have to start somewhere, and breaking the three month “hypertrophy” phase is one of the key aspects to beginning to become a bodybuilder that most people don’t know about. To break this phase, a person must workout consistently every week, and begin to break down his or her muscle to build better, stronger muscle.
Training though is not the most important aspect of bodybuilding; nutrition and recuperation is where people actually develop muscle and grow. By watching their eating habits and making sure they get enough sleep is where people will see results quickly. If one’s diet consists of fast food, one might not see what one is looking for in a short amount of time.
Lastly, supplementation is a huge part of growing and building a body. Supplements like Whey Proteins, Pre-Workouts, and Creatines are all basics for most bodybuilders but are only part of a bigger project which is bodybuilding. According to Mike Roussell, Ph.D., who conducted a study on the benefits of whey protein, via Bodybuilding.com, “Whey—or whatever protein you prefer—is just one piece of the overall muscle-building puzzle. You still need to eat a caloric excess beyond what you burn each day in order to build muscle.”
Pre-Workout is another crucial supplement that will deliver nutrients before training to optimize peoples bodies’ performance during training. There are many Pre-Workout types, so proper research on the topic is important before going out and buying this type of supplement. Pre-Workouts can range from strength and power boosters and energy boosters to stimulants and “pump” providers, so finding the proper Pre-Workout for a person based on what he or she is looking for is crucial.
Creatine is another important supplement. According to Nick Tumminello via Bodybuilding.com, “Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid derived from the amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine. Skeletal muscle contains 95% of all creatine. The heart, brain and other organs hold the remaining 5%.” Creatine’s main purpose though is to allow a person to have a larger and longer work volume. It helps an individual get that one more rep which is extremely beneficial to building muscle and getting stronger.”
The thing about bodybuilding is that it is all for one purpose, the results. The benefits of taking the time to develop a body are endless. People are not only building their physique to look better; they are reaching goals that they set for themselves. Bodybuilding can increase how a person feels about himself or herself, how much energy he or she has, and even how much he or she is able to complete.
When people look better they feel better, and living the bodybuilding lifestyle can help them achieve that. Through training, nutrition, and supplementation, people can advance not only their physiques but their whole lives. Bodybuilding is not only a hobby, it is a mentality and a lifestyle.